So my food photography is obviously not getting any better. Anyone with a brain would know to focus on the food and not the space between the plates. Watch this space for signs of brain returning in future shots. I urge you not to hold your breath though, I don’t want a whole lot of dead bodies on my hands.
I am going to give Grass Fed Girl a shout out for this recipe. We have taken it and tweaked it to suit.We find we don’t need too much sweetener and for Pete’s sake I only use a little butter and compensate with a touch of milk. I also add half an avocado to make it go further and give it a creamy texture, you can easily leave that out.
- 170 gms of dark chocolate - I use half 85% and half 90%
- ½ Avocado blended until smooth (optional)
- 2 tsp of Xylitol
- 50 gms butter
- ½ cup coconut milk or cream
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Melt the chocolate, butter, coconut milk or cream, coconut oil and almond milk over a double boiler. That is for the careful people. Now if you are lazy and always looking for shortcuts like me, you melt it altogether in the microwave in short bursts. Taking care not to let it get too hot or it will cease
- Mix the chocolate mixture into the avocado with the sweetener, vanilla and nuts
- Pour into a small, lined, square cake tin
- Refrigerate until set
- Cut into bit sized pieces