My motto when it comes to cooking is, keep it simple, keep it super easy and when it comes to chicken, well winner, winner chicken dinner. My kids love chicken so no complaints and that also goes a long way to improving my mental status, big plus there!
In my last post, I talked about metabolism and how lean protein can help increase your metabolism and coupled with resistance training will aid you to grow muscle. This is the perfect dish to do that. Being low carb is perfect too.
Give it a go and serve it up with a nice fresh salad of leafy greens to double your gut balancing power. Perfect for a mid-week dinner or dress it up for a special occasion.
Low Carb Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) or you could use thighs which I prefer
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Layer ½ of the lemon slices on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ½ of the herbs and ½ of the sliced garlic.
- Place the chicken breasts on top and sprinkle salt & pepper.
- Place remaining lemon, herbs and garlic on top of the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- If you want the meat to be a bit more “roasty” then remove the lid/foil and broil for another few minutes (watching carefully not to burn it).
- Serve & enjoy!
Tip: You can add a leftover sliced breast to your salad for lunch the next day, in fact, cook a couple more and make lunches for the next few days. Anything to ease your stress and make life just that little bit easier for your self.