You can whip these yummy cinnamon spice biscuits up in no time flat and with all that lovely cinnamon spice they really add to the Christmas spirit. For even more of a Christmas vibe roll out the mixture and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Stars, candy canes, whatever takes your fancy. Of course that will totally blow the time it takes to make them but its fun and the kids will love getting invloved.
Afterwards you can treat yourself to some of the other Christmas spirit, you know the kind that comes in a glass.
- 1½ cups Almond meal
- 3 Tbsp Coconut flour
- ¼ cup Cocount oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp + 1Tsp extra Xylitol or sweetner of your choice
- Put the first 7 ingredients into a food processor and pulse - if you don't have a processor these work fine by hand mixing.
- Mix togeter 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with extra teaspoon of sweetner
- Roll teaspoon size pieces of mixture into .balls.
- Dip in cinnamon and sweetner mixture.
- Place on oven tray and squidge down with a fork.
- Sprinkle with any left over cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
This is the video for this recipe. It was done in a hurry so the quality is not as I would like but it give you an idea of how quick and easy they are.
Do you have a favourite healthy cookie recipe that you make at Christmas?
I have hidden a gorgeous pin that goes with this post for you to add to Pinterest. Click the Pinterest button to see it.